Helen McCue interviewed Father Ted Kennedy at her place in Bowral over several months during 1996. In all there were six series of long interviews. Following Ted's first mini-stroke she was keen to conduct the interviews so that some of Ted's wonderful and inspirational life story could be collected. During the course of these interviews Ted had another small stroke, was not in the best of health and consequently struggled for memory and expression at times. These interviews nonetheless provide the reader with a partial insight into the extraordinary life of Father Ted Kennedy.
The recorded interviews were transcribed by Rhonda Ansiewicz, Pauline Coady, Maggie Galley, Kathleen Gilbert and Paul O'Keefe, and edited by Peter Kearney & Helen McCue.
The interviews are presented in 10 chapters:
- 1931-1947 Childhood Years
- 1947- 1966: Seminary at Springwood - University Chaplain
- 1966-1972 Parish Years - Punchbowl 1966, Neutral Bay 1969
- 1972 Early Days in Redfern
- Influences - Abbe Pierre and Dorothy Day
- The Convent & Medical Centre
- Aboriginal Medical Centre
- Aboriginal Housing Company
- The Redfern-Wilcannia Connection
- The Redfern-Araluen Connection
Download the interviews here.
This post has already been read 2790 times!